13 January 2004

Utilities

I hate utility companies.

First, I hate how they have those cutesy 1-800 numbers with their names in them. I don't want letters, I want numbers. It's a phone number, not a phone word.

Second, I hate how they always have a stupid answer for every intelligent question I have.
Q - "Why do you have to "install" my cable if its already installed?"
A - "Oh, we have come out to install it no matter what, so someone has to be there."
Q - "But why?"
A - "We have to go out to make sure you plugged it in correctly and install everything."
Q - "Install what?"
A - "Your cable."

Third, I hate how everytime I call, they tell me I'm paying too much money for what I'm getting. Duh. Why do I have to call for you to realize that? "Excuse me, did you know that you could be paying $20 less for what you're getting?" " Yes, actually, I enjoy being gorged by your stupid company."

Finally, I hate how they always try to sell me something else. "This month, you can also sign up for a new horse with free installation. Only $350 per month" Ohhh, what a deal.

I hate it all, but, unfortunately, I love the Food Network, TLC and MTV.

No comments: