28 November 2005

Stars are just like us

Every week I pull out my US Weekly magazine and read about the things celebrities are doing that are just like the things that I am doing. Stars apparently eat ice cream cones, and drink Starbucks, and walk their expensive dogs, and yadda yadda yadda. Needless to say, I'm a little cynical. Sure I'd walk my dog if I had one, but probably not in a leather Louis Vuitton dog carrier.

The other day, however, I realized just how wrong I was. On the first leg of my return trip to San Francisco after Thanksgiving, I ran into a star just like me, Kanye West. Not only did he check in for his Delta flight using a kiosk (I actually talked with an agent this time, but I was right next to the kiosks) and order orange juice on-board (I actually had cranberry juice, but they're both juices), but he also used the on-board lavatory...and he took In Style magazine with him when he did (This last part makes him more like my dad, but you catch my drift).

No comments: