23 October 2003

Last night, I was told that not supporting the Yankees was "so bandwagon." I beg to differ. I consider the Yankees to be in the same category as the Lakers and Duke basketball...teams I will never support. Do I hate the teams? No. Do I hate the fans? For the most part, yes.

These fans are among the most pompous groups of "sports fans" that ever lived. I put sports fans in quotes because you don't have to love the sport to be fans of these teams. You just have to live to win. You don't have to love a good competition. You just have to love security. Perhaps it is "so bandwagon" to hope for a good game or a good series, maybe it is "totally lame" to want a new team to have the glory. One can appreciate the awesomeness of something and still hope for change. That is a true fan.

It is so easy to be a Yankees fan...that's why so many people are.

No comments: