23 February 2004

Pressure

So, I get a lot of Blog requests. Most of them are general requests for an update, but a lot of them come from V.P. (which means that they are quite specific). I have never taken one of V.P.'s suggestions/requests and I don't plan to start now. That said, I really want to discuss the other more general requests. As those of you who read my blog regularly and actually know me are aware, this is truly just the stuff in my head.

Sometimes my head is filled with boring work-like things and I won't write about that. Sometimes my head is full of funny things that won't translate well into writing. A lot of times, however, my head is empty. Shockingly, weeks go by when someone doesn't say something weird to me or I don't read a bizarre article or factoid in the newspaper or elevator. A lot of the time, stuff happens and I just don't think it's blogworthy. What I mean is, I don't really think you all want to read about the crazy lady at Home Depot who told me she could see my underwear because my pants were too big and she found that to be obnoxious and rude.

So, I'm left with huge gaps of time during which I have nothing to write about. Rather than make crap up, I wait until something strikes me. Today, nothing has so struck, but I felt like I should give an explanation for my long, often unexplained, absences.

No comments: