24 February 2004

V.P. Talks Back

Just "happened" upon your l'il ol' 'BLOG, and was nonplussed to read a
blanket refusal to use a single one of my superb suggested topics.
Nice.

Need I remind you that suggesting stories for other people to write,
even if they have only the talent and not the interest in doing so, is
MY JOB? A job for which I am occasionally compensated (or perhaps will
be, someday)? A lot of very well-known (by their friends and/or family
members) and sought-after (by their debt collectors) writers would like
(nay, LOVE) for me to produce their material, and in this instance I
am miffed that you are not so easily influenced. I suspect it has
something to do with my magical convincin' powers only working on
Sunset Boulevard (or, more specifically, in hotel lounges located
thereon), or the fact that you like to "think for yourself." As law
schools across this great land like to say (if only through body
language, not so much words): We'll cure you of that yet!

On another note, thanks for mentioning my name not once, but twice, in
print. You're better than my publicist. How about a hyper-link to my
Friendster profile? Or perhaps I could send a nice headshot? Give it
some time to marinate before you answer.

Much love,
veeps

p.s. Would this entire letter be a great thing to post in your 'blog?
I thought so, too.

****

Now do you understand?

No comments: